Sunday, June 17, 2012

Red White and Boom!

Doing a little 4th O' July Decorating and thought I'd share
This is my front room and really, with the exception of Christmas, the only room I decorate for holidays. Why you ask? Well,  it is the first room you see when you enter the front door (and usually the cleanest) it is unused by the rest of the family (except the dog, who occasionally likes to puke in there) and most importantly I am too lazy to decorate anything else :)



Hit up my fav antique store yesterday and found these cool plastic flowers.  Already had the pitcher, red box and cast iron stars.


The MFA Insurance fan was a find yesterday as well.  The cutie patriotic gal was made by the awesome Laurie of Magpie Ethel. Already had the blue glass insulator and uncle sam hat.





Some shelf shots.  That is my grandparents wedding photo.  My grandpa was in WWII so I thought the flag next to it was appropriate.  The Uncle Sam in the last photo was my Magpie Ethel purchase from last year.  Soon I will have to do a whole post on all my spun heads made by Laurie. One of my many collections and quite possibly my favorite collection.
And lastly a few things on my beloved hoosier.  Someone made the firecracker from a tootsie roll tube, how clever!  So clever it got it's own glass cloche'. Well that concludes our tour and remember, if you haven't already, get your stars and stripes decorating on!! 



 







3 comments:

  1. Oh and ah...Got so tired of cleaning up after the dogs in our front room we turned it into an office/library. Tile and all. Love all your fantastic finds. My shop will be on Etsy. Smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun Fourth of July goodies and nice to see the Uncle Sams in a good home full of patriotic fun! Love the tootsie roll firecracker..I have a big firecracker someone made from a paper towel roll. Need to start making firecrackers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought I'd see the word "cool" followed by "plastic flowers." And I am coveting them too. My house doesn't get decked out for the 4th, unless you count the red koolaid spilled on the kitchen floor. Last month.

    ReplyDelete