Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Home Tour



Well, it's time for my quartley post!  (has it really been that long?)   Had a little cookie exchange party this weekend, and since I clean my house fairly well (don't look upstairs) for parties, I thought I would snap a few pics of the old homestead decked out in holiday finery.   This is my family room

My mantle and  tree.  Found that semi truck at a garage sale this summer, painted it red and added a tree.  Just had to jump on that tree in a truck bandwagon. 
Side table and my built ins to the right of the fireplace.  This was a huge project this summer.  All the wood in this room was oak and I painted it all off white.  HUGE job but I love the results.
  I do not know how to add pics on this stupid blog to go in the right position so excuse the willy nilly look.
My front room has another tree as well as more built ins. 
Santas, die cuts, reindeer and boots
This shelf is mugs and various smalls
My talented sister made me this sign.   Original design found on ellaclaireinspired.com.  Hangs above my red couch and I LOVE it.  Thanks Mimi!

Moving on to my bathroom and entryway.  The bathroom holds my gurley candle collection. I would show you the whole bathroom but I am pretty sure you know what a toilet looks like.  This cabinet is above said toilet.  I have a suspicion that the Gurleys are up to no good when the lights are off and the door is shut.
The entryway was decorated by my dear mom.  She was staying at my house a few weeks ago while my husband and I frolicked in Mexico.  She got bored, one thing led to another and I came home to this
The table used to be the bottom part of my dining room hutch. It got some annie sloan paint (but not waxed or knobs yet.. even works in progress get decorated in this house) .  Well,
I will wrap this up (present style!)  with a small shot of my kitchen.  There is more but this post is long and most of you probably quit reading 5 min ago.


This shelf is in my kitchen near the garage door.  The middle shelf has my spun heads made by the fabuous Laurie of magpieethel.typepad.com.

Thanks for taking my Christmas home tour.  Have a Merry Christmas and I will talk to you again in the New Year!!
My sister drew this.  Just noticed the bah humbug and
face. That I'm sure was added by one of the many kids around here that are forever trying to annoy me :)
Linking to



5 comments:

  1. Fun tour and love all the vintage collections...especially the cabinet with all those Santas. ho, ho, ho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O what vintage fun! Your Santa collection is stunning when arranged like that! I havemany of those antique Santas. too....but wish I had more of the die cuts. Those are very rare around here. Love your wax angels and choir boys, too! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Santa collection is wonderful and everything you have looks so good against the white backgrounds!

    Found you through Coastal Charm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I had fun looking at all of your cute vintage treasures!!

    ReplyDelete