Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I'm in Hog Heaven! I got a vintage Canned Ham Camper!


Meet Hammy, my new to me 1950's vintage camper. Isn't it adorable? About two years ago my friend Tim told me that his sister had this camper that she might want to sell. I have literally bugged him for TWO years to ask her if she would sell it to me. This week my dream came true! Not only did she sell me it, she sold it for an unreal, fantastic price. The good news is that it has a new suspension system, redone electrical work, custom built metal storage boxes and new paint. The down side is the interior has not been touched in 60 years. But hey, thats the fun part as far as I'm concerned! AmIRight?? It's full of junk but as soon as it gets cleaned out I will post a pic of the interior. Need lots of before pics so we can follow the progress of this cutie getting the vintage royal treatment! Now that's what I call a vintage finds post! How was your week?

Linking up to SirThriftALot

6 comments:

  1. You get the fun part..putting your stamp on it. All the boring stuff like the suspension, electrical etc is done! Can't wait to see the inside and what you do with it.
    Congrats...

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeedy! what a vintage find! it must be so much fun to have such a great refurb project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO darn cute! So is your blog - I'm now a new follower!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love your new camper! That is going to be fun doing the inside. I will be waiting for photos! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I can't wait to see how you incorporate your vintage finds into the vintage interior!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luckeeeee! I'm still looking for mine!! :)

    ReplyDelete