Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween is Over :( and some Fun Finds :)

This is how I feel about putting away a butt load of Halloween crap.

But this is how I feel about the next holiday I care about! Ok he's not the happiest looking Santa but you catch my drift! And yes I know Thanksgiving is technically the next holiday but who cares. I'll  throw out all my Gurley turkey candles and call it a day. Plus, I usually work on Thanksgiving so I don't really celebrate it too much. I'm not working this year but plan on using my knee as my excuse to not cook. I hate to cook. That's why you are reading a VINTAGE blog, not a COOKING blog. Anyhoo, bad knee and all I managed to GET THE HELL OUT OF THIS HOUSE for a few hours. (Small case of cabin fever) In hindsight it wasn't a good idea because my knee hurt like hell AND started to bleed a little. The things we do for junk :)
What did I find you ask? Well first I wanna show you that big thing I told you about in my last post. 
My new vintage enamel top table! In white and green! My favorite colors! Ok, I'll stop with the exclamation points but check this beauty out...

Sorry about all the rando crap on it. And the dark picture. It's in my basement. Also a few months ago I was at an antique store and found this green vintage cabinet top. Guess what just happened to fit perfectly on top of my table and match? 

That's right, like PB&J they go together. They go together like ramma lamma lamma ka dinga ka dinga dong! (That's a Grease song for all you youngun's) 
So I had my desk, with a perfect top, I just needed a chair. Cuz the one I had was black, plastic and fugly. Of course I found one at the thrift! Did you really have to ask? 
5 bucks! Can't beat that with a stick. I'm not groovin on that yellow color but I am going to attempt to make a slipcover for it. I mean, I can sew a pillow so how hard can it be? Hahaha! (Mom? I may need your help). It is LITERALLY the most comfy chair I have ever sat on. Plus I can get out my vintage typewriter and pretend I'm a secretary on Mad Men. 
Now, onto this weekends finds (and hopefully nobody from my work reads this blog ;)) 


I thought this pillow was soooo cute! The front is embroidered and the back looks like barkcloth. But if you look real close at the top picture do you notice anything? Some snot nosed brat wrote his name GLENN on the pillow. Now I imagine that that name was written on that tea towel for a long time. Because who names their kid Glenn anymore? (And if you did, my apologies) and I imagine that little Glenn got a whoopin from his mama for writing on her tea towel. Because back when this thing was originally made, people still gave their kids whoopins. Right or wrong, I ain't judging. Just how my mind wanders :)
I also got this santa candy holder. Again, breaking my rule for NOT buying anymore vintage Christmas but I couldn't help myself! I need a Vintage Christmas Annonymous 12 step program.  Cuz I may need help :) 

And that's it! Shocking I know. But as soon as I'm moving better you know I'll make up for lost time. Have a great week! 

7 comments:

  1. Love how the enamel top table and old cabinet fit perfectly together. I know a project I'm going to start now with mine. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was so excited when it fit! Don't you love when that happens?

      Delete
  2. I have an old blue enamel topped table in my garage. I got it for $4.00 at a yard sale. I put it in the garage to use as my prep are for the holidays but, of course, it is piled with CRAP. Best intentions...... I am glad you got out of the house for a minute, but sorry you had to pay the piper with a sore knee and blood (!). My son tore his rotator cuff in middle school and had to miss a week of school. We went to buy groceries and ran into his teacher. He ran and hid in the cereal so he wouldn't get in trouble. I told him - one hour at the grocery store is different than eight hours at school! You gotta get out sometimes!!

    PS The Breadmans' middle name is Glenn. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a funny story! I know I am allowed to leave the house, but you kinda feel guilty. But like you said an hour junking is not the same as 12 hours at work!

      Delete
  3. Hello. My name is Rosie and I'm a Christmas-aholic. When you find that 12 step program, maybe we could be each others sponsors and do some REAL damage! Thanks for stopping by my blog Marci. I used to live in O.P. Ks, too, off of 72nd!( Now i live in Mo. by Lake of the Ozarks). PS I can't believe you found the table top and the cabinet SEPARATELY. It's a perfect match. Good Jorb! (That's how my 20-somethings say it.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking that maybe Glenn's Mamma was going to embroider his name on the tea towel...So she's the one who wrote it. But then she never did it. Because if Glenn did it himself, I wouldn't think that the writing would look so neat. Haha.
    Boy can I sympathize with you needing to get out of the house during your recovery! I went to the thrift store like every other day after my foot surgeries, well once I could weight bare. Looks like your trip paid off! But be careful. It's so easy to overdo it!
    I'm thrilled that you've entered the swap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Marci. I am your partner in Erica's swap. I didn't have an email to contact you. I am Shirley Hatfield of Zetta's Aprons. My address is 9802 north 5740 west Highland, UT 84003. email: marieutah@aol.com. I am adding you to my blog list...I just love vintage finds! You can visit me at zettasaprons.blogspot.com...I hope you will! I look forward to swapping with you. =D

    ReplyDelete