Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pickin Iowa

In Iowa this weekend to visit my mom and have a little girl time :)  We have had a great weekend so far including some great treasures found!



My first stop Friday was the local thrift store.  Found some cute yellow melmac cream and sugar as well as a cute bowl.  Also found a valentines day planter, a cute wooden bunny ornament (made in austria) and a some craft items including snoopy rubber stamps, lace and beistle bells.

After the thrift I went to my favorite junk/antique store.  She always has great items at great prices.  Heres what I found there



A square rose tin, tiny flamingo tray, cute heart mug with cupids on the handle, and my fav finds, a celluloid fan (with hearts!), 4 spun head umbrella picks (the umbrella part opens up) and an old scrapbook from 1950 FULL of cards.  Most were graduation cards, the girl graduating also had her graduation announcement from 1950.  Inside each card someone, probably the girl's mom, wrote what each person had given the girl for  a present.  1950 must have been a popular year to give hankies, nylons and pearls as graduation gifts.  That girl got A LOT of them.  She was probably thinking, damn, how about some cash people?



Today we hit up some fun stores in Des Moines.  We each found a few treasures.  Mine included a snoopy trash can (for my son)  some Dennison seals, an old Old Maid card game and some Fire King Jadeite saucers to go with my coffee cups that are missing them.  I also got this cute Little Bo Peep bowl.  Fun weekend hanging out with my mom.  Have a great week all!

Marci

Linking up to Apron Thrift Girl

1 comment:

  1. Nothing better than hanging out with mom and junking. I have never seen the spun heads with umbrellas already attached. The 1950 scrapbook sounds like a find...

    ReplyDelete