Saturday, August 29, 2015

Feelin' It In The Air

We have that little bit of change in our weather, a small chill in the air that tells you fall is just around the corner. And I say BRING IT! I'm over summer, it was a rough one, but life is settling down. I love this time of year, one of my favorites. Kids are back at college (3 of them) kitties are getting bigger everyday (they just turned one! and yes I did turn into a crazy cat person, thanks for asking) the weather has been gorgeous and football is about to start! I LOVE football. I'm a diehard Husker fan because I was born and raised in Nebraska. But I also love the HOGS!! (Shara, stop rolling your eyes)  that's the Arkansas Razorbacks for all you people not in the know. Two of my kids live and go to college down in Fayetteville, and I absolutely love that town. And of course I live in Kansas City so you know I'm a huge KC Cheifs fan! So yeah, great time of year. I decided to overhaul the booth with the fall theme in mind. I took out lots of smalls about a week ago, then have been gathering a pile of neutral, black, white, halloween or fall related. This is what I came up with
Overall shot

Left side
Right side
Center. 
I thought it turned out pretty good and out of 60 some vendors only 2 others besides me had fall stuff displayed. So maybe I can get a jump on the shoppers looking for fall and halloween items. If you can believe it neither Target or Walmart has their fall stuff out yet! I took some of my Halloween collection.. The plan was to take it all, but when I pulled it out I just couldn't do it. I had to keep a lot of my good stuff. Like all my Gurley candles. And my honeycomb pumpkins. And my Biestle die cuts. And my blow molds. You get the picture. But come on, you people know how hard to find that stuff is!

In junkin news, I actually have been junkin recently and found some fun stuff. I plan to post tomorrow on the new finds. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. (*) (*) Ha. I am not rolling my eyes at YOU! You know, once upon a time, I went to Razorback games and I wore Razorback T-Shirts and I was sort of a "fan" but then I married THAT MAN who takes the games more serious than most people take a funeral service. It is serious business, NO FUN ALLOWED and no matter if they win or lose they "could have done better". Oh my God - it is a GAME. Cheer them on, go have a beer and forgetaboutit. If you love football and you are a fan and you have FUN with it - YAY for you! (I have an Uncle who has to lie down with a cold compress on his head when the Jayhawks play basketball. WTH. Your booth looks great - I never do much for Fall in my booth, but I go all out with the Vintage Christmas. Tuesday I am pulling out all the Christmas totes into the driveway and pulling things for the Junk Ranch. The new neighbors across the street are going to get their first real taste of the weirdness that is ME. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your booth looks fantastic! Here's to selling it all!

    ReplyDelete