Thursday, October 4, 2012

Twining and Whining

First off, I cannot believe it has been 3 months since I posted!!  I seriously thought it was only last month.  Well, it's been a BUSY three months.  I moved into a new antique booth much closer to home. (Pics coming!)  My mom moved here to Kansas from Iowa and my sister and her family moved here also from Oregon!  It has been awesome having them all here but lots of moving and unpacking.  Plus, busy at work, selling on ebay, etsy and booth, thrifting, estate saleing, kids back to school, kids off to college (my middle son is now at Arkansas, go Razorbacks!) and just life. Whew!  I have more thrift finds than I can count to share with you all but that is for another day.  Today I wanted to share a little project I made.  A year ago a bought a big ole box of spools.  They looked like this
I bought them with the intention of adding some fun twine and selling them.  I saw them on etsy and they were cute. but bakers twine was a little expensive.  Then this great site called Pick Your Plum came into my life (if you don't know what it is go check it out right now!)  and they have a "daily deal".  One day the deal was bakers twine...YEAH!! So I bought this...
And faster than you can say " I stole this idea off of Etsy"  I made these
Cute but still seemed to be missing something.   So I pulled out my trusty scrapbook paper that hasn't been used for actual scrapbooking in 6 years and cut these out
 
If I was a cool kid I would have had a fancy machine or at the very least a paper punch to cut these suckers out, but since I am neither cool nor a kid I had to cut them out by hand.  It was worth it though when I slapped some glue on, stuck it on the end of the spool and walla..how cute are these???
 
 







Even cuter stacked in a pyramid or thrown in a yellow bowl! It may even be Pinterest cute! Well they are headed to the booth tomorrow so hopefully someone besides me thinks they are cute.
Next post, some new thrifty finds, I promise :)

 
 

1 comment:

  1. What a great thing to do with all the baker's twine. Need to check out Pick your plum....

    ReplyDelete